To some, an addiction treatment center can be a lifeline. Others may call it their doorway to recovery. For the family and friends of people suffering from a substance use disorder such as alcoholism or addiction to prescription drugs, an addiction treatment center is where they have hope to get their loved one back. Simply put, such programs are devoted to the treatment for the chronic disease of addiction. If you think you or someone you care about needs help with substance abuse and are looking at different addiction treatment center programs, you’ve come to the right place to learn more.
TruHealing Centers offers addiction treatment center programs for a wide range of addictions and has numerous locations in several states. Our treatment programs are all evidence-based and provided by professional addiction specialists. For information about the kind of care you or your loved one will receive at an Amatus Recovery Center, reach out today by calling 833.631.0525 or using our online form.
Addiction Treatment Programs Options
Most programs that treat people with a substance use disorder will offer a range of therapies and other offerings that support the recovery journey. It is important to determine if the treatments and therapeutic models are based on evidence and that all the credentialing and licenses for the facility and the staff are in place. The next crucial factors in learning about such programs are what is offered and does it align with what you are looking for?
- Addiction treatment can be inpatient or outpatient. Each has its benefits and challenges. What matters is what is best for your recovery and what you can make work. There is information that an intake counselor might ask you for to make a sensible recommendation about inpatient or outpatient programs. Your history of addiction and relapse, your various responsibilities, considerations of scheduling and cost, and more will be taken into account. Ultimately the decision is yours to make once you have all the facts.
- There are addiction treatment centers that offer faith-based treatment and some that offer both faith-based and secular. Even if you choose not to enroll in a faith-based program or the one you choose does not offer one, that does not mean your spiritual life will be neglected. All reputable programs will provide opportunities for you to pursue the healing of spirit, along with mind and body, if you desire.
- Gender-specific treatment programs are relatively common offerings in an addiction treatment center. Addiction often manifests differently in men and women, and having a treatment program that addresses gender-related issues within addiction can help with a smooth recovery process.
- Proper evidence-based practice is to offer programs that are specific to different substances. There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to how to treat addiction. A treatment center that offers a wide range of programs for addictions to everything from alcohol to prescriptions, meth to fentanyl, will likely be able to individualize your treatment for best results.
What Are Common Addiction Treatment Therapies?
Most rehab centers offer numerous therapies and sober activities to support your burgeoning recovery. Some examples are:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), which focuses on realigning your thinking, can inspire rapid breakthroughs and shifts that get your recovery off to a strong start.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is ideal for those with chronic and co-occurring issues and effectively redirects thoughts of self-harm and treats underlying mental health challenges.
- Holistic therapies can be effective, including meditation, massage, yoga, nutrition, and more, to help you focus on your overall wellbeing.
- Trauma therapy helps those whose addiction co-occurs with trauma by treating the underlying issues and empowering victims to stop relying on substances to numb their trauma-induced symptoms.
- Group therapy is ideal for those who battle addiction as it makes them more likely to achieve recovery goals. Participants bond with each other and hold one another accountable through supportive alliance.
- Individual therapy offers highly individualized treatment that is often the beginning of a therapeutic journey that will last beyond rehab. Addressing the individual’s own experiences, challenges, goals, fears, and, if applicable, co-occurring disorders, one-on-one therapists will often utilize CBT, DBT, and trauma-informed modalities.
Find Support for Recovery in Our Addiction Treatment Center
At TruHealing Centers, our team recognizes that addiction is a disease, not a lack of willpower or judgment. Because addiction is a disease, our addiction treatment center can be the source of healing. Learn more from our friendly team today by calling 833.631.0525 or using our online form.