One of the most significant decisions you will make when choosing an addiction treatment program is whether to enroll in outpatient or inpatient addiction treatment. Selecting the best treatment option for your needs will give you the best chance of a successful recovery. Although an outpatient program may provide optimal convenience and flexibility with a lower cost, a residential addiction treatment center can provide the intensive level of care needed by many people struggling with substance use disorder.
At TruHealing Centers, our residential rehab programs provide a high level of care in a safe, comfortable setting. Without the distractions of outside life, you can stay focused on your recovery with the help of around-the-clock support, medication, and an intensive therapy regimen. Give us a call today at 833.631.0525 or complete our online form to learn more about the benefits of recovering at our residential addiction treatment center.
Do You Need the Help of a Residential Addiction Treatment Center?
Several factors go into deciding between an outpatient or inpatient addiction treatment program. The primary considerations usually include:
- The severity of your addiction – If you have been struggling with addiction for years, use substances heavily, or experience intense withdrawal symptoms, you will likely benefit most from the intensive support of inpatient addiction treatment.
- Your work and family obligations – To maintain home and work responsibilities, you may prefer the flexibility of an outpatient program. If the severity of your addiction requires residential rehab, you will need to make arrangements for time away.
- The cost of treatment – Inpatient addiction treatment is more costly than an outpatient program. However, many facilities accept various health insurance programs, including Medicaid and Medicare.
- How supportive your home environment is – Family relationships and the presence of drugs or alcohol in the home can impact your recovery. A residential addiction treatment center can provide you with a safe, supportive environment in which to recover.
- How committed and comfortable you are with getting treatment – Without an all-in mentality regarding recovery, it will be challenging to succeed with outpatient treatment. A residential program can provide a more intensive, immersive treatment experience to keep you focused and motivated.
When you enroll in treatment at a residential addiction treatment center, you will know that you are getting the highest level of care and support for optimal results.
How a Residential Rehab Program Works
Once you realize that a residential rehab program is your best option, you will likely want to know what to expect. While each treatment center may operate a bit differently, there are many similar aspects to residential treatment, such as:
- Intake appointment – An intake specialist conducts a health assessment and discusses your substance use and family history.
- Treatment plan development – Addiction treatment professionals evaluate your assessment and recommend a treatment plan.
- Detox, if applicable – If you experience severe withdrawal symptoms, you may begin treatment with detox with 24/7 supervision and administration of medications to ease discomfort and cravings.
- Therapies – A significant portion of your time consists of various addiction treatment therapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and trauma therapy. You will also undergo group therapy and family counseling.
- Holistic therapies – Many residential addiction treatment centers utilize holistic therapies in their programs, which have been shown to enhance recovery results. This may include mindfulness techniques, exercise, nutrition, outdoor activities, and chiropractic care.
- Transitioning to outpatient treatment – Once you have completed a residential rehab program, usually 30 to 90 days, you will be moved into the treatment center’s outpatient treatment program. These programs can range in intensity based on your level of need.
The structure provided by an inpatient treatment program will set you up with healthy habits and coping skills that will support your recovery outside of the facility.
Trust TruHealing Centers for Your Inpatient Addiction Treatment Needs
When you choose TruHealing Centers for residential addiction treatment, you will gain all the tools you need to manage triggers, cravings, and stress so that you will have the best chance of lasting recovery. Call us today at 833.631.0525 or complete our online form to start residential rehab at one of our highly effective addiction treatment centers.