West Palm Beach, FL, is one of the most beautiful and desirable destination spots in the United States. Every year visitors and seasonal residents pour into the region, enjoying everything the city and surrounding areas have to offer. However, there is another side of West Palm Beach that merits attention.
In recent years, there has been a serious spike in alcohol-related automobile deaths and a rise in crime and homelessness linked to alcohol and drug abuse. Drug use in the area is a serious problem, with addictions to prescription painkillers like oxycodone and heroin increasing at astronomical rates. In addition, opioid-related deaths are on the rise, often related to fentanyl-laced heroin.
However, there is hope for the people of West Palm Beach. There are many drug addiction treatment programs available for those who want to begin their recovery journeys. Perhaps the most effective treatment is available at Serenity House Detox Florida.
Should I Enter into a Drug Rehab Program?
The fact that you are even asking that question means that you are taking a step in the right direction. Take a moment to consider these warning signs. If any of these signs are part of your life, it may be time to reach out to our drug rehab center in West Palm Beach.
Common warning signs include:
- Mood swings, often connected to cycles of drug use
- Loss of focus or interest in things you once cared about
- Deteriorating work and/or school performance
- Loss of relationships
- New relationships with people you only know through drug use
- Lack of basic self-care, including hygiene, diet, and sleep habits
- Money crises connected to drug expenditures
- Legal problems
Because drug addiction directly affects the operation of the brain, changes in brain chemistry—for example, the inability to feel pleasure without the drug to stimulate the dopamine receptors—result in a range of compulsive or risky behaviors. Someone with an addiction does not feel any control over these behaviors, and acquiring the drug becomes a fixation.
Will Drug Rehab Help Me?
The path of recovery is not always easy, but it beats the path of addiction. If you decide to begin that journey to wellness, you can do it on your own, or you can seek help at a drug rehab center. However, there are some critical reasons why doing it on your own is dangerous and inadvisable. A medically supervised detox helps avoid many of the risks you could face when detoxing at home. Some of the reasons include:
- Medical complications – Medical staff can mitigate the worst of your withdrawal symptoms and can also treat any underlying medical conditions that emerge during detox.
- Relapse – Your risk of relapsing before detox is complete goes up quite a bit if you are not in a secure, caring, substance and trigger-free setting.
- Overdose – Once a substance is withheld and withdrawal begins, your body’s systems begin to recalibrate. Relapse during detox can lead to overdose because users return to the same dose they used before, only now it is too much.
- Mental health crises – The psychological strain of withdrawal and the possibility of a co-occurring, previously undiagnosed mental health disorder emerging make supervised detox much safer.
Finally, drug addiction treatment programs improve your chances of long-term success in your recovery. The evidence is clear that attaining and maintaining sobriety are helped in a rehab setting with compassionate care provided by medical professionals, therapists, and others.
Why Should I Choose Serenity House?
Serenity House is a residential drug addiction treatment program that focuses on medically monitored and managed drug and alcohol detox and treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. If you wish to learn more about Serenity House, one of numerous TruHealing Centers rehab facilities offering evidence-based treatment, please reach out today by completing our online form or dialing 833.631.0525.
Start Your Recovery at Our Drug Rehab Center in West Palm Beach, Florida
Your health, wellbeing, and longevity matter. If you are struggling with an addiction, you deserve help and support to begin recovery safely. At Serenity House Detox, you will find what you need. You don’t need to do this on your own; we can help. Contact our friendly team today by calling 833.631.0525 or completing our online form.