Providing a full continuum of care, TruHealing Centers offer an evidence-based treatment program and a holistic approach. That means we offer holistic therapy that is designed to heal the whole body. For those struggling with addiction or mental health disorders, the changes that occur in life are often debilitating in many ways. In our holistic therapy program, we work closely with each person to ensure they receive care for all of their needs.
What Is Holistic Therapy?
Holistic therapy compliments evidence-based and traditional drug and alcohol treatment methods. A holistic approach focuses on a person’s overall health and well-being. It treats your whole body, mind, and spirit through a range of enjoyable, eye-opening, and sometimes new experiences. These are often the treatments that help people feel better and more empowered to heal from their addiction.
Why is a holistic therapy program so important during treatment?
- Aids in improving physical health
- Minimizes the intensity and presence of cravings
- Helps improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- Supports mind-body healing
- Tackles damage to the body caused by addiction
- Enables symptom management of mental health disorders
What Types of Therapies Are Part of a Holistic Approach?
Our holistic approach allows people to find a range of therapies to choose from for their needs, along with guidance from their therapist. Holistic therapy may include any of the following.
- Meditation: A common holistic therapy, meditation aids in relaxation, calming the mind, and reducing cravings. It provides a way to break free from stress so better decisions can be made.
- Nutritional therapy: Those with addiction typically need nutritional therapy to encourage healing and reduce inflammation in the body. This therapy aids in restoring balance to the body damaged by addiction.
- Massage therapy: This type of therapy triggers areas of inflammation on the body, helping to reduce tension and pain. It also leads to the improvement of stress levels, helping to improve tensions.
- Yoga: As a combination of exercise therapy and meditation, yoga can be an excellent strategy and holistic approach to overall health management. It is the type of treatment people will use for years to come.
- Recreational therapy: From fitness programs to hiking, there are many ways to improve addiction treatment outcomes simply by incorporating fun activities. These types of therapies help improve self-confidence, physical health, and mental health disorder management skills. It can also be helpful to relax and have fun.
How to Embrace a Holistic Therapy Program
At TruHealing Centers, we offer a range of holistic therapy for each person to utilize. You are never forced to do something you do not want to do, and you will always find support available. However, to get the most out of your treatment, it’s best to try something new and let down your guard. You may find this is the ideal way to improve your health and your quality of life.
Our holistic therapy program is available through all of our treatment programs, including:
- Alcohol detox services
- Residential treatment programs
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Partial hospitalization program
- Outpatient treatment program
It is not the only component of your care. Most people will still engage in individual and group therapy and evidence-based treatment programs such as cognitive-behavioral therapy. A holistic approach can be eye-opening. It may even enable the other types of care you receive with us to be more successful.
Embrace Your Future – Call TruHealing Centers Now
Holistic therapy is one component of a drug and alcohol treatment program. At TruHealing Centers, we offer all elements of treatment, including a complete holistic approach. Let’s work to heal your body, mind, and spirit. To learn more about our holistic therapy program and what specific therapies are available near you, call 833.631.0525 or connect with us online.