Opiate Treatment Programs
Speak to an Advisor Now
Opiates occur naturally as opium plants and seeds. Doctors recommend opioids for clinical treatment of mild to severe pain, but their calming effect makes users vulnerable to abuse. Statistics reveal that millions of people in the U.S. developed an addiction to opiates following millions of prescriptions. If you’re suffering from this addiction, seek immediate help from an opiate addiction treatment program by calling TruHealing Centers at 833.641.0572 today.
Why Is an Opiate Addiction Treatment Program Necessary?
The euphoric effects that an individual can derive from opiates are short-lived. Furthermore, your body develops tolerance when you use the drug in the long term. In other words, you’ll need higher doses for a similar effect at this stage. Tolerance to the drug leads to addiction, which is a condition that develops gradually over time, so you’ll be unaware that you’re becoming an addict.
Opiate addictions that go untreated for a long time expose an individual to severe health-related risks. Once you become addicted to opiates, it’s challenging to stop abusing the drug without professional assistance. You can overcome the habit by checking into an opiate addiction treatment program, where you’ll learn the essential skills for regaining your sobriety.
The Effects of Opiate Abuse
The consequences of opiate abuse are both short- and long-term. However, they typically depend on your frequency of use, the length of time you’ve been using, and the doses.
Short-Term Effects of Opiate Use
People addicted to opiates experience various short-term effects, such as:
- Slowed heart rate
- Constricted pupils
- Low blood temperature
- Disturbed sleeping patterns
- Dry mouth
- Sensitivity to light
The short-term symptoms are easy to treat if an individual seeks medical attention.
Long-Term Effects of Opiate Use
Some of the long-term symptoms to look out for may include:
- Damage to the brain due to insufficient supply of oxygen
- Irreversible damage to the kidney
- Memory lapse
- Emotional numbness
- Chronic constipation
- Compromised immunity
- Hepatitis-induced cancer
Most of the long-term effects are challenging to treat. Therefore, it’s vital to seek treatment from an opiate addiction treatment program to prevent these effects.
Opiate Withdrawal Symptoms
Overcoming addiction is challenging due to the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. The first step towards treatment is to stop using opiates and seeking help from TruHealing Centers to manage the withdrawal symptoms. A person’s withdrawal symptoms vary depending on the intensity and duration of the addiction, including:
- High blood pressure
- Respiratory problems
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Emotional numbness
What Does an Opiate Addiction Treatment Program Include?
The journey to recovery from opiate addiction is achievable at TruHealing Centers. Unfortunately, recovery becomes difficult if you decide to self-medicate at home. However, you can fully recover with the help of programs offered at our addiction treatment centers, including:
- Men’s rehab center: This program allows men to establish a strong network with fellow men battling addiction. Participants equip themselves with vital skills to overcome their issues.
- Women’s rehab center: This offers a safe women’s environment for recovery where women can feel safe and welcome.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This treatment option allows you to attend treatment during the day five to six days a week. However, unlike residential treatment, you have the option to return home or to a sober living community at the end of the day.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): This approach is ideal for those in recovery who have completed inpatient treatment or those with mild addictions.
- Sober living: If an individual in recovery doesn’t have a home that is conducive to remaining free from substances, sober living homes are an excellent option. These communities provide support and accountability to prevent relapse in the early days of recovery.
Contact TruHealing Centers Today
Opiate addiction can ruin your life. However, you can overcome the condition by enrolling in an opiate addiction treatment program at TruHealing Centers. In treatment, you’ll work with a team of mental health professionals to create a customized treatment plan. Contact us at 833.641.0572 to get started on your recovery goals.
You Don’t Have To Go It Alone
If you or a loved one would like more information on dual diagnosis treatment, Truhealing Addiction Services can help! Contact us today to discuss your treatment options with an addiction treatment specialist.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today