Drug and Alcohol Detox
Speak to an Advisor Now
What Is Drug and Alcohol Detox?
Substance abuse is at an all-time high in the U.S. From the opioid crisis to the recent resurgence in heroin addiction, substance abuse in America has reached epic proportions. According to experts, one in every seven Americans struggles with addiction. That’s an astonishing number — more than 40 million people. That’s more than the number of people who have diabetes, cancer, and even heart disease. If you are one of the millions struggling with a substance abuse problem, TruHealing Centers has an answer for you: a stay at a drug and alcohol detox center. A drug and alcohol detox center is a medical program where you can be evaluated and given medications to help you safely and comfortably stop using the substance you are dependent on.
Being addicted to a substance means that your brain and body are accustomed to functioning with that substance present and active. When you suddenly reduce or take away that substance, it stands to reason that you will experience mental and physical consequences. When it comes to successful recovery, the discomfort of withdrawal is one of the main reasons that individuals relapse when they are trying to stop or reduce their use. In addition to the physical and mental craving for the substance, you can expect to experience nausea, dizziness, and headaches, as well as mood swings, restlessness, insomnia, depression, and anxiety. In extremely severe cases, you can also have seizures, heart attacks, or even strokes. This is yet another reason that a drug and alcohol detox center is absolutely necessary in most cases.
Medically Supervised Detox at TruHealing Centers
But medically supervised detox does not have to be as unpleasant as it is often made out to be. For all of the difficulty associated with detox, that physical discomfort is comparatively short-lived. Psychologically, detox is an enormous milestone. Many of our alumni have even commented that they look back on it fondly as it represents them taking control of their addiction and making those critical first steps on the road to recovery.
But what is it about TruHealing Centers that makes our approach to detox so different? There are many answers. First, our highly trained medical staff specializes in diagnosing and treating co-occurring disorders. Dual diagnosis treatment programs are the right fit for those in recovery from co-occurring disorders. The fact is, a significant number of people battling addiction suffer from underlying mental health issues that affect and fuel their addiction. The specialists at Amatus Recovery know from experience that clients suffering from depression, anxiety, PTSD, or personality disorders are statistically more likely to develop addiction issues and to need drug and alcohol detox as a result. At TruHealing Centers, we customize your treatment program to meet your mental health needs as well as your physical needs.
Learn More About TruHealing Centers’ Detox Centers
TruHealing Centers with Detox Services
- Midwest Detox Center: An inpatient detox center in Maumee, OH, right outside of Toledo
- Ohio Detox Center: A residential medical detox program in Maumee, OH, right outside of Toledo
- New Hampshire Detox: An inpatient and outpatient detox center in Bethlehem, NH
The TruHealing Family of Treatment Programs
- TruHealing Hagerstown: (formerly Awakenings Recovery Center): A residential addiction treatment center in Hagerstown and an outpatient treatment center in Funkstown. Funkstown is on the outskirts of Hagerstown, a few minutes away.
- TruHealing Baltimore: (formerly Foundations Recovery Center): An inpatient and outpatient detox center in Baltimore, MD.
- Bonfire Behavioral Health: A residential and outpatient addiction treatment center in Rochester, NH.
- New Hampshire Detox: An inpatient and outpatient detox center in Bethlehem, NH.
- TruHealing Riverbend: An outpatient addiction treatment center in Jeffersonville, IN.
- Midwest Detox Center: An inpatient detox center in Maumee, OH, right outside of Toledo.
- Midwest Recovery Center: An outpatient addiction treatment center in Toledo, OH.
- Midwest Center at Youngstown: A residential and outpatient addiction treatment center in Austintown, OH.
- Ohio Detox Center: A residential and medical detox program in Maumee, OH, right outside of Toledo
- Ohio Treatment Center: An outpatient addiction treatment center in Toledo, OH
Learn more about our drug and alcohol detox centers and addiction treatment programs by reaching out to TruHealing Centers online or by contacting us at 833.631.0525. We’re ready to give you or your loved one the tools you need to free yourself from drugs and alcohol and build lasting recovery, but you have to make the first move.
Where Addiction Ends and Recovery Begins
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today