Group Therapy Program
Speak to an Advisor Now
Experts note that the tendency of human beings to gather in crowds makes group therapy an influential tool for treating substance abuse. The strength of the group therapy program is its ability to bring together several individuals battling a similar problem.
A group setting is rewarding as it helps other members to see their peers recovering. Such situations motivate everyone to remain focused on their goals because of witnessing the rewards. Also, group therapy reduces shame, isolation, and depression, among other emotions those recovering from a substance use disorder face when alone.
For more information about how group therapy can help your recovery, contact TruHealing Centers at 833.641.0572 today.
How Does Group Therapy Work?
Addiction treatment and group therapy have a close connection at TruHealing Centers. Individuals battling addiction are more likely to achieve their recovery goals if they receive treatment in groups. The participants of the program get affiliated with one another as their peers become their source of identity. Those in recovery develop bonds in treatment often due to sharing progress with others in a similar circumstance.
Several factors affect one’s progress to recovery. But bringing those in recovery together keeps them focused on their goals. The therapists will apply different treatment strategies to the participants as needed, and everyone can monitor each individual’s progress.
Group therapy has yielded better results than individual therapy because doctors focus on strategies that work for many people at once. The approaches emphasize understanding, promote the psychological growth of group members, and facilitate emotional healing, especially for those suffering from depression.
Benefits of a Group Therapy Program
You’ll discover there are several advantages to choosing a group therapy program to overcome your addiction. The top benefits include:
- Groups are a source of positive support from peers, which helps an individual to avoid relapse.
- Groups alleviate the isolation that accompanies substance abuse treatment programs.
- Members of the groups acquire the willpower to deal with addiction once they witness their peers successfully overcoming similar habits.
- Individuals in recovery for the first time get invaluable information, such as minimizing triggers resulting in a relapse.
- Individuals experience family-like experiences during group therapy programs, which speeds up the recovery process.
- A group therapy program encourages individuals to make vital steps towards recovery and long-term sobriety.
Overcome Substance Abuse in Rehab
Addiction is treatable, but you must seek help early to ensure a quick recovery. Group therapy in a rehab setting, such as that you’d find at TruHealing Centers, is a crucial component of the recovery process. You can get help with a combination of several different addiction treatment therapy programs, such as:
- Recreational therapy: During your stay at an addiction treatment center, you’ll have an opportunity to interact and exercise with your peers. Apart from occupying your mind and distracting it from thinking about drugs, recreational therapy gives you a sense of pride.
- Trauma-focused therapy: This program allows you to overcome your past trauma and enables you to understand how it affects you or contributes to your addiction.
- Family therapy: Mental health professionals work closely with families to help them in setting boundaries. Therapists also equip families with vital skills for dealing with addiction.
- Aftercare program: Once you leave rehab, you’ll need an aftercare program to prevent a relapse. This program equips you with the skills needed to overcome stressors and maintain your sobriety.
Contact TruHealing Centers Today
Therapy is the most effective method for treating substance use disorders. If you or your loved ones are struggling with addiction, seek help from a group therapy program at TruHealing Centers to start the journey to sobriety. Contact us at 833.641.0572 to schedule an appointment.
You Don’t Have To Go It Alone
If you or a loved one would like more information on dual diagnosis treatment, Truhealing Addiction Services can help! Contact us today to discuss your treatment options with an addiction treatment specialist.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today