Millions of Americans suffer from anxiety, whether it be from an anxiety disorder or occasional stressful situations. Unfortunately, many do not seek treatment to experience relief from this potentially debilitating condition. Feeling anxious in your daily life does not have to be your reality when you get help from an anxiety treatment center. At Amatus Recovery Centers, we realize how anxiety can take over your life and impact your overall health and wellness. Our mental health treatment center can provide you with the tools and resources you need to overcome crippling anxiety and move on to a happier, calmer lifestyle. Call us today at [Direct] or complete our online form to learn more about what our anxiety treatment center can do for you.
Do You Need Anxiety Rehab?
Everyone experiences anxiety at one time or another in their lives. Stressful situations at work or home can put you on edge but may eventually resolve themselves. However, when you struggle with anxiety symptoms over the long term, you may need the help of an anxiety rehab to overcome the condition. An assessment from a healthcare professional may uncover an anxiety disorder or past trauma. Some signs that you may benefit from the help of an anxiety treatment center include:
- Your anxious feelings make it difficult to leave home.
- At times, your heart rate skyrockets for no apparent reason.
- Feelings of worry and nervousness wake you repeatedly throughout the night, affecting your ability to get a good night’s rest.
- You find it incredibly difficult to concentrate on anything, affecting your work or school performance.
- Procrastination and avoidance of situations that make you anxious are negatively impacting your life.
- Your mind is constantly racing and filled with worry.
- You often feel on edge and find it impossible to relax.
If you recognize any of the above signs of moderate to severe anxiety in yourself or someone you care about, it is time to enroll in a program at an anxiety treatment center.
Components of an Effective Anxiety Treatment Center
When you are ready to stop letting anxiety control your life, you will want to find an effective anxiety rehab. Some components to look for in a mental health treatment center to ensure you will receive the most effective treatment are:
- Medications are often used in cases of extreme anxiety. Benzodiazepines like Xanax, Klonopin, and Valium, are used for immediate short-term relief of anxiety episodes and panic attacks. To address chronic anxiety, a physician may prescribe antidepressants like Paxil, Lexapro, and Prozac. Although initially intended for treating depression, these medications help increase serotonin levels in the brain, which leads to feelings of happiness and calm.
- Therapy addresses the underlying causes of anxiety for a more thorough approach to treatment. Different types of therapy are beneficial for anxiety relief, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), exposure therapy, and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). These therapies can help restructure unhealthy thought patterns and desensitize you to anxiety triggers.
- Holistic therapies are also a valuable component of a successful anxiety treatment program. Relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises can help calm your mind and body.
In addition to these components, seek out mental health treatment centers that provide a comfortable setting, preferably with views of nature. This can help to ease your anxiety even further for the most effective treatment.
Find Quality Mental Health Treatment at Amatus Recovery Centers
At Amatus Recovery Centers, we go the extra mile to ensure that you receive the best care for your anxiety disorder. Our facilities are welcoming and staffed by caring individuals who want to see you succeed in overcoming your challenges. Give us a call at [Direct] or complete our online form today to find the anxiety relief you deserve for a more fulfilling life.