Nearly 15 million adults in the U.S. struggle with alcohol addiction, according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Many of these individuals will never seek alcohol addiction treatment, which could help them heal and find the path to lifelong recovery. If you or a loved one is struggling with alcohol abuse, you know how difficult it can be to stop. However, with the help of an alcohol addiction treatment center, you’ll be able to work through the underlying causes of addiction and develop the healthy coping skills needed for lasting sobriety.
Alcohol is legal, widely available, and culturally acceptable. While the media can portray drinking as harmless, for many, alcohol abuse is a dangerous habit. Tens of thousands of people die each year in the U.S. due to alcohol abuse, and taxpayers end up paying billions of dollars of alcohol-related damages every year. If you or a loved one has struggled with alcohol abuse, you know that this addiction can damage relationships and finances in addition to your health.
Overcoming an addiction to alcohol alone can be difficult and even dangerous. However, in the alcohol addiction treatment centers part of TruHealing Centers, you’ll find hope for the future and the help you need to rebuild your life. Our addiction treatment center locations across the country provide high-quality care in comfortable facilities to help you conquer alcohol addiction and begin to live again.
Is an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program Right for Me?
While there are some guidelines for how much alcohol men and women can safely drink, the numbers alone might not tell the whole story. However, the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism provides clear criteria for determining if you have a problem with alcohol addiction. An alcohol use disorder is a severe drinking problem characterized by compulsive alcohol use and an inability to stop. To find out if an alcohol addiction treatment program would be beneficial for you, see if any of the following criteria apply:
- You’ve sometimes drunk more than you had originally intended
- You’ve tried to cut back on drinking but continued to drink instead
- Much of your time is spent drinking or recovering from the effects of drinking
- You experience cravings for alcohol when you do not drink
- Responsibilities at home, work, or school have gone unfulfilled due to drinking
- You’ve experienced negative physical or psychological effects from drinking but have continued to drink
- Drinking has become a priority over other activities you once enjoyed
- You’ve driven, operated machinery, or engaged in other dangerous activities while drinking
- You have to drink more than you did previously to feel the same effects
- When you’ve stopped drinking, you experience withdrawal symptoms like headaches, nausea, insomnia, restlessness, anxiety, or depression
If one or more of the above applies to you, you should consider reaching out to an alcohol addiction treatment center. TruHealing Centers across the country offer alcohol addiction treatment programs ranging from inpatient medical detox to outpatient alcohol rehab.
What You Can Expect in Our Alcohol Addiction Treatment Programs
You should go through detox in an alcohol addiction treatment center because alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous. While most people will experience some uncomfortable physical symptoms, in some cases, individuals going through withdrawal will experience tremors, hallucinations, or even seizures. Detoxing in an alcohol rehab center with an experienced medical team can ensure that you are safe in this early stage of your recovery.
At TruHealing Centers, every individual in our care receives a personalized treatment plan. Our alcohol addiction treatment specialists assess your medical history, the severity of your alcohol abuse, and any co-occurring mental health issues like anxiety or depression. In our alcohol addiction treatment programs, you’ll work through the underlying causes of alcohol abuse through both group and individual therapy. We incorporate holistic approaches and wellness practices into our treatment plans to make sure that you heal in both body and mind. Some of the therapies we utilize include the following:
- Recreational therapy
- Expressive therapy
- Group therapy
- Trauma-focused treatment
- Motivational interviewing
- Family therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Therapy for co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
During your time at TruHealing Centers, you’ll also be assigned a case manager. They will help you with any legal, financial, or professional issues. We don’t want anything to get in the way of your recovery. We’ll connect you with outside resources to help you build a network of support for your recovery.
Contact TruHealing Centers Today
We have alcohol addiction treatment centers around the country. Learn more about our locations and the specific services we provide:
- Atlanta Center for Mental Health in Riverdale, GA
- Atlanta Detox Center
- Fresh Start Recovery Center in Gaithersburg, MD
- Georgia Addiction Treatment Center in Peachtree City, GA, just south of Atlanta
- Midwest Detox Center in Maumee, OH, just outside of Toledo
- Midwest Recovery Center in Toledo, OH
- Awakenings Recovery Center in Hagerstown, MD
- Foundations Recovery Center in Woodlawn, MD, right outside of Baltimore
- Ohio Detox Center in Maumee, OH, just outside of Toledo
- Ohio Treatment Center in Toledo, OH
- Serenity House Detox Florida with campuses in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, FL
- Serenity House Detox Houston in Houston, TX
If you or a loved one is ready to start on the road to recovery, reach out to TruHealing Centers. Our addiction specialists can connect you with the recovery center that will best suit your needs. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions—call us at 833.631.0525 or contact us online. Start rebuilding your life today.