Treatment and recovery are related concepts, but they are not the same thing. Generally, treatment is the formal process of going to a facility for help with addiction. Treatment can include detox, inpatient or outpatient programs, and medication-assisted treatment (MAT). Recovery encompasses other aspects of your life, including emotional sobriety, mental health, physical health, and spiritual health. In other words, recovery is the often-lifelong process of healing from addiction more deeply. This is why many people refer to themselves as “in recovery” rather than “recovered.”
At TruHealing Centers, our team of experienced addiction specialists is dedicated to providing high-quality treatment for people ready to face their addiction. If you or someone you care about might benefit from an outpatient or a residential addiction treatment program, contact TruHealing Centers today online or at [Direct].
Addiction Treatment and Addiction Recovery
Treatment is often part of recovery. However, recovery is not only treatment.
Whether treatment is recovery also depends on the services being offered. If a program only offers detox to get substances out of a person’s system with no therapy or other support, it can be argued that that is strictly treatment and not recovery. Most treatment programs offer levels of care that you can progress through. These are designed to make you feel more equipped to return to everyday life sober. Many programs also help you create an aftercare plan to support you in recovery after you leave treatment.
One can be in addiction recovery without having gone through treatment. They may use support groups and therapy rather than any formal program. However, some might argue that therapy is also a form of treatment. Identifying the differences between the two terms can be confusing. Both “treatment” and “recovery” are defined in several different ways. However, when people usually say “treatment” regarding addiction, they mean going to a facility to get help with their substance use. When they say “recovery,” they usually refer to the longer-term work of being and staying sober.
Addiction Treatment Therapy Options at TruHealing Centers
Our TruHealing Centers team recognizes that a one-size-fits-all approach to addiction treatment simply won’t work. For a treatment program to be effective, it must be customized to fit the needs of each individual in recovery, including therapy programs to heal the emotional and psychological toll of addiction, mental health disorders, or both.
Once you make the brave decision to enroll in addiction treatment at TruHealing Centers, our team will work with you to choose which of our addiction treatment therapy programs would be best for your recovery.
Depending on your needs, available therapy options at TruHealing Centers include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a widespread form of psychotherapy that addresses many mental health challenges. A typical CBT program is designed to help you see situations far more clearly.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT was initially developed to treat people struggling with borderline personality disorder who were not emotionally ready for cognitive-behavioral therapy. However, this program has proven to be effective for various issues, such as addiction or mental health disorders.
- Family therapy – Family therapy helps to reestablish connections among family members that may have been disrupted or destroyed due to addiction. Also, family therapy teaches people how to communicate more effectively.
- Group therapy – Many people find that the addiction treatment process is more productive in group therapy sessions. Group therapy creates a support system of like-minded people.
- Trauma therapy – Traumatic events can cause people to turn to drug or alcohol use to numb the effects of trauma. Our TruHealing Centers trauma therapy program helps people to face and overcome trauma.
Begin Your Recovery with Addiction Treatment at TruHealing Centers
If you are struggling with substance use or mental health disorder, there is hope. TruHealing Centers provides high-quality, individualized treatment for addiction and mental health disorders. At our facilities across the country, we will build a relapse prevention and aftercare plan to set you up for success in long-term recovery.
Learn more about our addiction treatment and therapy options by filling out our online form or call a TruHealing Centers admissions specialist at [Direct].